torstai 7. toukokuuta 2009

On the way to MOA09 - vol 2.


Today Salla and I we were out at the University of Arts and Design Helsinki to set up her part of the masters' exhibition. She is one of the 80 graduating masters presented at the show.
Today our goal was to hang the 20+ birds from the ceiling about 6 meters high. Armed with steel wire, pliers, fishing line, a couple cups of coffee and a humongous ladder, we rolled up our sleeves and got to work.



The space Salla was given is located right at the main lobby and lifts. Constant traffic ensured that we had curious eyes travelling through the lobby. During the day we would hear happily surprised people spontaneously commenting on the mobile. The birds were complimented on bringing color, brightness and good humor to the space.
"Oh, I used to have a bird-shaped pillow as a child. I wonder where it has gotten to... Thank you for bringing up such a wonderful memory!" one of the ladies told us.

At one point I was laying on my back looking at the ceiling, figuring out where to pull the lines and hang the next bird. A sweet older lady was walking past the window but stopped to peer in to see whether I was allright.

The rest of Salla's installation will be put up later this week. Looking good so far!



4 kommenttia:

  1. Such lovely birdies, ihania!
    -minna

    VastaaPoista
  2. Congratulations! That show looks exciting- it makes me think how I can't wait to finish mine! best of luck

    VastaaPoista
  3. Thanks!
    Opening night next week. I'm itching to see what else people put up. There are some very interesting works this year.

    VastaaPoista