torstai 3. helmikuuta 2011

Let me eat cake

... and my favorite cake, banana cake! It's beginning of February, and I have maybe three months of cold and snow ahead. I've deserved a bit of comfort food deluxe, and so have you! For this I used a small bundt tin I got when I was a kid, but I've seen similar ones in Ikea's kid's department. The amount of cake dough in the recipe won't all fit in that small form, so I made also about 12 muffins, or you could use a bigger bundt tin. The cake is quite sweet and moist, and seems to be favored by kids and adults alike. The flavor will be at it's best after couple of days, though the flavor of the left over dough scraped from the bowl might be even more popular...

100 g room temperature butter
2,5 dl caster sugar (I used the Finnish "erikoishieno Siro-sokeri", though you can use the regular granulated sugar as well, "Taloussokeri")
2 eggs
3 dl all-purpose flour (vehnäjauho)
1 tsp vanilla sugar
1 tsp soda
0,5 dl yogurt (cream or sourcream will do nicely too, or the Finnish piimä, buttermilk)
2 bananas

Cream butter and sugar in a bowl until white and fluffy, add eggs one by one, mix well. Mix flour, vanilla sugar and soda in a separate bowl and add to dough. Mash bananas with a fork, then add to the dough with yogurt. If using a big tin, bake in the oven 150 degrees Celsius for an hour, or for muffins, in 190 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes.

If you want to decorate with dark chocolate, you could do this:

70 g dark chocolate
0,5 dl cream
1 tsp butter

Heat cream in pan. It shouldn't boil, but the pieces of chocolate should melt when added. Mix so there are no lumps and add some butter to make it shinier. Drizzle on top.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti