maanantai 14. kesäkuuta 2010

First of Summer Salads

Although I'm still in the process of planting my vegetable garden, the herbs I decided to buy as seedlings, and this is the first dish made out of them. My version of Tabbouleh-type of salad, very herby and with lots of flavor, perfect to make now as I still don't have a kitchen in my house and if I want hot food, it will be need to be barbecued outside. This salad you can eat as a main course with maybe some bread or as a side dish with barbecues.

1 dl of bulgur wheat
feta cheese
tomatoes
fresh, soft leaved herbs, I used flat leafed parsley, mint, coriander, chives and lemon balm. (Basil would be nice too)
lemon juice
olive oil
black pepper
salt

You can either cook the bulgur in 2 dl water for 7 minutes or just rinse the bulgur and soak it in cold water for half an hour or so. Drain the bulgur and mix with rest of the ingredients. Taste for seasoning.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti