maanantai 21. joulukuuta 2009

Auntie Hanna's cookies

I don't have an aunt called Hanna myself, but these are another traditional Finnish cookie. Not just for Christmas, my grandma used to have these in her cookie box all year, but now my mother makes these at least for Christmas. The flavor is quite delicate, some might even say plain, but I think one of these to accompany my cup of espresso is a perfect combination.

3 dl sugar
1 tsp baking soda
3 dl potato flour (similar to corn flour)
4 dl wheat flour
1,5 dl cream
1,5 melted butter

Mix the dry ingredients, add cream and butter. Mix until the dough is firm and even. Take smallish lumps of the dough, about 1 tbsp or so, and roll between your hands. Bake in the oven, 175 degrees Celsius, for about 8-10 minutes, until slightly golden brown.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti