tiistai 28. heinäkuuta 2009

The American Pie

Although my father is the undisputed king of rhubarb pies, I recently had my chance when he went hiking in Lapland and I was house-sitting. They have the biggest rhubarb bushes in the back yard, first to surface in the spring and still usable in August. The pies my father makes are usually a sponge cake mix with pieces of rhubarb sprinkled on top, and as delicious as they are, I wanted to try something different. I found this nice blog while searching for recipes and decided to give it a go.

The recipe for the dough you can find here, I used European measurements as follows: 180 g butter, 4,7 dl wheat flour, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp baking powder, 130 g cream cheese, 2 tbs ice water, 1 tbs cider vinegar. The cake was done in about 35 minutes and the result looked like something Donald Duck's grandma would have baked. For the filling I used also some strawberries, we ate the cake with vanilla ice-cream, the combination of flavors was perfect.

1 kommentti: